Friday, February 19, 2010

Florida Weekend


Last Friday, I left cold, snowy Michigan and was on my way to catch a plane to Naples, Florida. The last place I had flown to was China, which was three years ago, so I was sure what to expect at the airport. Security was much stricter than last time. I was hoping for a weekend of warm, nice weather, but didn't get exactly what I wanted. Once I arrived off the plane at Fort Myers airport, I stepped outside to be "greeted" by 65 degree weather. To make matters worse, it was raining. Right then, I found out this would not be the weekend I was hoping for, or the weather I was expecting.

I would be staying the weekend at my grandparent’s condo with my older sister. Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast and attempted to walk down the pier at the beach. Halfway down we had to turn around because the wind was so strong. I couldn’t even see where I was going because my hair was blowing across my face. After a walk down the beach and collecting sea shells, it was time for some shopping. We went to the mall and stayed there the afternoon, followed by a nice dinner.

Every night we were there, we watched the Vancouver Olympics, beginning with the night of the opening ceremony. Sunday morning we went to a market and out to lunch. Later, we took a walk to the pool and layed out at the pool. I was hoping to go in the water, 60 degree weather outdoor temperature just didn’t sound too appealing. Later that night for dinner, we went to a pizzeria where they served just about every type of pizza ever invented. Next, we went to an ice cream place called “Sweet Treats.” You picked an ice cream and any other add-ins you wanted.

Finally it was Monday, the day I’d be coming back home. We began our day by going out to breakfast, then out for some more shopping. I got a Florida sweatshirt, and then went to a nice jewelry store. We went home and packed up our suitcase, and it barely fit the weight limit. My grandparents dropped us off at the airport three hours early, and we waited and waited until they finally began to board our plane. Although I didn’t get to go in the water at the beach or in the pool, I had a good time. I was on my way home after a disappointing but enjoyable weekend in Florida.

10 comments:

  1. Overall the post was very good. There were some grammar mistakes and spelling errors. I wish i had family in Florida! Sounds like you had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kelly. I am sorry to hear about the weather. It sounds like you like shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the part about how much you hated the weather. At least it was better than the weather here! I could tell that you were expecting 90 degree weather, but 65 isnt too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing was was descriptive and very well written. When i went to florida over Cgristmas break I also arrived to 60 degree rainy weather but im glad you syill enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florida is georgous. My greatgrandma had a condo but she died and now its ours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this post it is very good and i like the discription. It was overall good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry the weather wasn't so good while you were there! You're trip still sounded fun, though. I've only been to Florida once, so I'm quite jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm jealous that you wen't! But thats too bad that the weather didn't cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your so lucky that you went to florida! I have a house down there but i am too scared to fly there.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly i wish i could have went it seems alot nicer then the weather here.

    ReplyDelete